A HUGE THANK YOU TO WAHL WATER FOR SPONSORING THE JUNIOR SECTION OF OUR 2020 VIRTUAL FAIR!
Director in Charge:
Angela Johnston (705-377-7960, email@example.com)
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. A junior exhibitor number can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Exhibitor Name, Exhibitor Age (as of July 31, 2020), Parent Name, Parent Email, Mailing Address, Phone Number.
2. Please show the age of exhibitor in the image in ALL CATEGORIES, or entry will be disqualified. Show the age only, no names or other identifying information. Some ways to do this – write the age on the exhibit, include a small piece of paper with the age in the image, or add the text on to the image before submitting.
3. All entries must be handmade, and not computer generated.
4. Roots, vegetables and flowers must be home grown.
5. Use a white/neutral background when taking photos, if possible.
6. Parents are urged to allow the children to do the work and preparation of exhibits without assistance. Please encourage them in every way, but remember that every bit of work you do for them helps defeat the objective of the Junior Section of the fair.
Prize Money ALL Sections:
1st – $3.00, 2nd – $2.50, 3rd – $2.00, 4th – $1.50
6 YEARS AND UNDER
1. Colour the provided picture (available to download here)
2. Draw a picture and title it “Life on the Farm” (hand printed, paper no larger than 8.5” x 11”)
3. Egg Carton Boat (other craft supplies may also be used)
4. Create a paper collage depicting something in nature (no larger than 8.5” x 11”, any type of paper may be used in the collage)
5. Create a structure using only toothpicks and marshmallows.
6. Cupcake Decorated to look like a Farm Animal. (Decorations must be edible. Decoration only to be judged).
7. Colour the provided picture (available to download here)
8. Print by hand and decorate an acrostic poem for “FARM LIFE” (no larger than 8.5” x 11”)
9. Egg Carton Boat (other craft materials may also be used)
10. Create a structure using only toothpicks and marshmallows.
11. Cupcake Decorated to look like a Farm Animal. (Decorations must be edible. Decoration only to be judged).
12. Take a unique photo of an historical building on Manitoulin.
13. Colour the provided picture (available to download here)
14. Cursive writing, on 3-ring lined paper, written on every other line, a poem of your choice (minimum of 10 lines, maximum of 16 lines, include title and author)
15. Artist Trading Cards – 2.5” x 3.5”, any medium, set of 3, one sided only
16. Take a unique photo of an historical building on Manitoulin.
17. Woodwork Item
18. Homemade Cookie Gift – Minimum of 4 cookies, presented in a 6’’ or smaller decorated gift box. Only appearance and presentation to be judged.
OPEN TO ALL JUNIORS
19. Three Cucumbers (between 4” and 10” long) – include a ruler in the image
20. Three Garden Carrots (4-6” long, stems attached) – include a ruler in the image
21. A collection of farm crops (minimum of 4 varieties), mounted and labeled
22. Hairy Soup Can Creature – grow grass, clover or herbs in a small soup can, decorate the can to look like a hairy creature
23. “Rainy Days” – wildflower arrangement in a rubber boot
24. Three Rice Krispie Treats, any shape(s) – be creative!
JUNIOR FAIR AMBASSADORS
One exhibitor from each age category will be awarded the title of JUNIOR FAIR AMBASSADOR. This will be the exhibitor with the highest number of points from the exhibits in their age category, as well as the “Open” category. Points will be awarded as follows:
1st place – 5 pts; 2nd place – 4 pts; 3rd place – 3 pts; 4th place – 2 pts; all other entries – 1 pt
Each ambassador will receive an additional $10 prize, plus a full weekend wristband pass to the 2021 fair.
Please complete the form (one per child) and upload your images to submit your virtual entries.