Families of all sizes from across Manitoulin (or with ties to Manitoulin) are invited to participate in our family fun events. You can enter just one, all of them, or any number in between. Some can be done virtually, while others require you to be physically present.
Points will be awarded for each event your family takes part in. On Sunday, August 23 at approximately 3 pm, the Family Fun Trophy will be awarded to the family with the most points.
3rd Annual Hay Bale Structure & Front Yard Display Competition
- Participate in one of two categories, 1 – Large Hay Bale Structure, 2 – Best Front Yard Display, incorporating the fair theme of “Pioneer Days to Modern Ways”.
- Email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 31 to register. Judging will take place on Saturday, August 1.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries in both categories sponsored by RedBow Floor & Wall Fashions.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ Large Hay Bale Structure: 5 pts for entering, 10 pts – 3rd place, 12 pts – 2nd place, 15 pts – 1st place, Front Yard Display: 3 pts for entering, 5 pts – 3rd place, 8 pts – 2nd place, 10 pts – 1st place
Adam’s Sunflower Challenge
- This challenge is in memory of our late community resident and board member Adam McDonald.
- There are two categories, 1 – Largest Sunflower, 2 – Best Overall Sunflower Display.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries in both categories sponsored by Adam’s family.
- To enter, email email@example.com with your address by Thursday, August 20. On Friday, August 21, judges will come to your location and review the entries.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ 3 pts for entering, 5 pts – 3rd place, 8 pts – 2nd place, 10 pts – 1st place (points awarded in both categories)
Family Fun Virtual Exhibits
- Submit online by Saturday, August 8
- Find all the details here
Drive-Thru Parade Entry
- Floats, displays, and antique vehicles will be set-up throughout the fairgrounds for people to drive through. The theme is “Pioneer Days to Modern Ways”.
- The fairgrounds will be open at 9 am on Saturday, August 22 for set-up of floats/displays and antique vehicles. The parade will be open from 11 am – 1:30 pm.
- Contact Bev at 705-377-4668 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your entry.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries in two categories – floats/displays and antique vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors). Prizes sponsored by Manitoulin Chrysler.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ Floats/Displays: 5 pts for entering, 10 pts – 3rd place, 12 pts – 2nd place, 15 pts – 1st place, Antique Vehicles: 3 pts for entering, 5 pts – 3rd place, 8 pts – 2nd place, 10 pts – 1st place
Manitoulin’s Got Talent
- This year, performances will be recorded and put together into a video to be shared on our social media pages and website.
- Highlights will also be shown on the big screen prior to the Drive-In Movie on Saturday, August 22.
- Please contact Karlene Scott (email@example.com or 705-377-5283) for more information. Entries need to be submitted by Saturday, August 8.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ 3 pts for entering, 5 pts – 3rd place, 8 pts – 2nd place, 10 pts – 1st place
Family Look-A-Like Contest
- Submit a photo of two members of your family that have an uncanny similarity to each other. The photo can be of two people currently, or can be a composite of older and newer photos, as long as they are 2 different people in a family. Please include the names of the people in the photos and the year of the photo(s).
- Email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org before Saturday, August 8.
- Winner will be determined by a Facebook Poll showdown that will take place from Sunday, August 9 – Friday, August 21.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ 2 pts for entering, 4 pts for making it to quarterfinals, 6 pts for making it to semifinals, 8 pts for making it to finals, 10 pts for winning
The Amazing Family Race
- Family teams will participate in a road rally which will take them to different locations on the island to complete various challenges on Sunday, August 23. There will be staggered starts beginning at 10 am at the fairgrounds.
- Family Fun Trophy Points ~ 5 pts for entering, 10 pts – 3rd place, 12 pts – 2nd place, 15 pts – 1st place