Download the Exhibit Book Here
Special Category: Honey Rules
Special Category: Maple Syrup Rules
Need Exhibit Tags? Download and print here!
The privilege of membership is open to all residents of Ontario. Please list your mailing address and phone number to receive your prize money.
1. The $10.00 membership can be obtained from the Secretary/Treasurer.
2. From the prize sum awarded to each exhibitor, the Secretary/Treasurer shall retain $10.00 for membership for the following year.
3. PLEASE CASH YOUR CHEQUE WITHIN A MONTH OF RECEIPT. If in any year, more prizes are being awarded than there is money in the treasury to pay, the Society will pay the largest percentage possible.
4. No prize shall be awarded if the article or animal is not considered worthy of a prize by the judge.
5. All prizes to be accepted as donated or awarded and not exchanged.
6. All entry forms must be submitted to the Secretary/Treasurer the day of judging. All others, no later than the second day of the fair.
7. In cases where disputes have arisen and have been deferred to the Board of Directors, the decision of the Board shall be final.
8. Children entering in the Junior Section will not be required to pay a membership fee. However, if entering in any other section, membership is required.
9. All exhibits must be ticketed before entering the exhibit building or they will not be admitted because of the congestion it creates at the door.
10. The exhibit building is open on Thursday evening from 6-8 pm and then opens again at 8:30 am on the Friday of the fair. All exhibits must be in the building by Friday at 11:00 am, except livestock. All animals must be in their pens on the grounds before 10:30 am on the Saturday of the fair. The Providence Bay Agriculture Society reserves the right to ask the exhibitor to remove from the grounds an animal/poultry due to health or other reasons.
11. The exhibit judging starts at 12:00 noon on Friday. Cattle judging begins at 12:30 pm on Saturday. Judging of horses, poultry and small animals starts at 1:00 pm on Saturday, unless otherwise stated in this prize book.
12. All entries for the parade are to be at the parade site at 10:30 am on Saturday. Parade to start at 11:30 am SHARP. Judging of the parade and awarding of prizes will be done before the parade starts.
13. Only one (1) entry is allowed per membership in each individual section, except in the livestock and poultry classes.
14. During the judging of exhibits, no person will be allowed to interfere with the Judge, except the Director in Charge.
15. Any person wishing to change an entry tag due to a mistake must only do so with a Director in attendance.
16. If a mistake is found in the entry form, please contact the Secretary/Treasurer to have it corrected.
17. Exhibits must not be removed until Sunday at 4:00 pm, except for baking and canning, which may be removed at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
18. Directors or Officers of the Society will not be responsible for loss or damage of exhibits.
19. In all cases, except livestock and poultry, the same article/exhibit cannot be entered in more than one section.
20. Any person found guilty of violating any part of the rules will forfeit the whole of their prize money.
21. Anyone wishing to sell their baking exhibits must provide their own table and do so outside, at the back of the exhibit building after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday.
22. The Society will not hold itself liable for any accident that happens at the fair.
23. Any typographical errors are subject to correction.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT TIME AT OUR FAIR!